One of the best ways to understand telecom
I’ve been covering the industry since 1999, always trying to get closer to the truth. I’ve learned from hundreds of the best. If you’re trying to understand telecom, I’m always happy to exchange ideas. If you’re in the industry and need answers, ask me. Our consulting rates are fair and if I can’t help you I’ll say so. Dave Burstein email@example.com
- Brian Roberts & cablers ready to guarantee 100+ Mbps upstream to > 85% of US in 2-3 years
- 34% Implosion in China April phone sales
- Chasing Neville Ray: VZ & T building but will be behind until 2024-2025
- Biggest surprise in AT&T/Discovery is the 30M FTTH & $24B capex
- Alibaba twice Amazon in e-commerce. China leaves the US in the dust
Teleinformed — Expert on call
The best, fastest way for you and your team to learn the latest. An informed expert on call when you need answers or an outside opinion. A news service customized by hand for what you need.
All based on what you tell me are your key interests. IoT in 5G? Edge in the Data Center? Germany competition? Spectrum sharing? Price of phones? Is Open-RAN ready? or …
I spend untold hours researching every week, with help from Google translate. Guaranteed to find useful information easily missed.
- A monthly customized news presentation, probably via Zoom, with plenty of time for your questions.
- Up to six calls looking for specific information, such as the history of a new customer or a country’s regulatory policy. Including a reasonable amount of research.
- Brainstorms on your new ideas, combined with reality checks. Any reasonable amount of time.
- Regular emails when I discover news important to you. E.g. The customer of a client has a new initiative that would be natural for sales follow-up.
Targeted package, $300/month, paid quarterly. Satisfaction guaranteed or money refunded.
One week after the official launch, CM, CT, and CU have 10,000,000 5G users. 150,000,000 is a plausible estimate for 2020. 5G is here. ** Important update: Actually, the initial 10M were reservations, not users. The government figure is only 3M phones shipped in October. It appears the supply of phones will catch up quickly,…
In two days at the beginning of October, five million Chinese registered for 5G. Most or all will soon be activated. I have confirming data points. By the end of 2019, I’m confident at least 12M will sign up and more likely 20M or so. 50M will be reached in the first half of 2019,…Continue reading
After 5 months, there is enough data for a (very rough) starting point for estimating 5G subscribers. In Korea, market leaders SK and KT both are confident 10% of Koreans will have 5G by the end of 2019 and 30% by the end of 2020. I can not predict subscribers with any accuracy, although I…
A deeper look at telecom and the net